Effective Date: May 23, 2018
Information We Collect
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services. We may combine all of the information we collect about you from these various sources.
- Information We Collect Directly From You: We may collect certain information directly from you, which will vary depending on your interaction with our Site. For example, if you download resources from us, we may collect information such as your name, email address, phone number, country, state, city, company name, and company’s revenue information; and if you register for a conference or event through our Site, we will collect your name, payment card information, and billing address. We will also collect any information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as responses to surveys or inquiries. If you are based in a GDPR compliant country you will be requested to Opt-In to being contacted by B2B DecisionLabs for marketing purposes. If you do not Opt-In your information will only be used to communicated details for the accessed, resources or event. You can request to have all date removed by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information We Collect from Third Parties: We may collect information about you from third parties. For example, if we collaborate with a business partner on a webinar, our business partner may share registrant information with us. As above the same applies if you are located in a GDPR compliant country.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We automatically collect information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies and other technologies, including without limitation: domain name; browser type; device identifier; operating system type; device name and model; pages or screens you view; links you click; Internet protocol (“IP”) address; when and the length of time you visit or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. You can request to have all data removed by emailing: email@example.com.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- Providing and Improving Our Services: To provide and maintain our Site and Services; to improve our Site and Services; to develop new features, products, or services; to facilitate payments and communications; to perform technical operations; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Marketing and Communications: To communicate with you about your account and use of our Site and Services; to respond to your inquiries; if you have opted in to marketing communications – to provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and other information we think may interest you; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes.
- Research and Analytics: To analyze how you interact with our Site and Services; to monitor and analyze customer demographics, interests, behavior, and trends; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
- Legal Compliance: To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
We will also use your information for any other purpose as disclosed to you, or obvious to you, at the time of collection. For example, if you register to attend an event through us, we will use your information for event registration and related purposes.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your information, including personal information, with the following entities:
- Service Providers: We may disclose your information to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we use service providers to help with mailing information, maintaining databases, and processing payments.
- Business Partners: We may disclose your information to business partners (i.e., individuals and organizations with which we collaborate on content and events), such as a co-sponsor of an event, including so that the business partner may market directly to you.
We may disclose your information, including personal information, in the following ways:
- Business Transfers: We may disclose your information to another entity in connection with, including during negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of a business unit or assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
- Legal Compliance: We may disclose your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a government official.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information: We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information for research, compliance, marketing, advertising, or other purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags, and other technologies: Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to track the activities of visitors to our Site, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our Site. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our users, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here.
We have taken steps to help protect the personal information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your device login information private.
You may update or delete the information that we have about you by updating your profile or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. We strive to ensure that each marketing communication we send you contains instructions permitting you to opt out of receiving future marketing communications. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, then under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83 you may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us at the contact information provided below. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response.
Our Site and Services are not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Services, please contact us at email@example.com.